Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Personal Statement

Personal Statement
Darvesh Karim, Karimabad Hunza


There could be many reasons to wishing enrolled in the International Waezeen Training Programme – IWTP - of ITREB, however I will try to articulate here about one or two reasons.

• During the study in Karachi when I began my undergraduate career, I had the opportunity to be exposed to the full range of professional courses, like computers, electronic typing and short hand etc. all of which tended to reinforce and solidify my intense interest in modern techniques of handling an ideal office environment. I've also had the opportunity to study a number of subjects in the humanities and they have been both enjoyable and enlightening, providing me with a new and different perspective on the world in which we live. Aga Khan Economic Planning Board financially supported the course while during the selection process, I was asked to serve in any jamati institution after completion of the said training and I agreed to do so, but after many attempts, I could not get a chance to serve, although I have undertaken honorary ranking responsibilities in ITREB, Ismaili Council, in Scouting Moment in Hunza and Arbitration panel. Particularly after getting involved with ITREB as Honorary Secretary for Hunza region, it has been my utmost ambition to be a part of ITREB’s professional team, where personal grooming and professional development continues throughout the year, keeping the requirements of the modern era in mind. Many times; I tried to become the team member of ITREB professionals; but because of lack of the relevant training and experience I could not come up to the standard. Since then, I was in-search of an opportunity to equip myself with appropriate knowledge and experience, so that I could become an asset to ITREB and jamat. No doubt IWTP is an international training programme, and if I will get involved to this programme, Inshallah I will be able to fulfil my ambition to work with ITREB.

• I am highly aware of the superb reputation of IIS London and its developed Ta’lim Curriculum, and my conversations with several of its alumni have served to deepen my interest in attending this training programme. I know that, in addition to the excellent faculty, your excellent training environment is among the best in the excellent training institutions. I hope you will give me the privilege of continuing my studies at your fine institution, as my willing to join this programme is very important, because Ta’lim Curriculum, a world class and an excellent syllabus for religious centres, but I felt in the context of Pakistan in general and Gilgit-Baltistan in particular that because of lack of professionally trained teachers practically in religious education, the actual essence of the curriculum is not being transferred to the students, as teachers are not fully aware of underlying intellectual perspectives; philosophy and educational approaches of the esteemed Ta’lim Curriculum. We need more trained professionals to achieve the targeted goals and it is my deep-hearted desire to become a fully aware professional of this curriculum, so that I could transfer the understandings to the teachers in their most understandable language. Al-waizeen and Teacher Educators in Pakistan and in Gilgit-Baltistan are striving very hard to achieve the goals and I also want to join their team and want to play my role in the educational development of jamat keeping the vision of Sarkar Maulana Hazar Imam (S.A) in mind.

• In terms of a career, I see myself teaching and preaching as an ambassador of Ismailism among the jamat all over the world. Religious studies would be valuable to me in several ways. First, your teaching assistant ship program would provide me with the practical teaching and preaching experience, which I am eager to acquire. Further, earning exposure of having trained in a foreign institute and environment would advance my other two career goals by adding to my skills, both critical and creative, in working with religious studies. As far as my future career is concerned, I must say that I believe the fact that until and unless one does not take care of his own professional development, he/she use to stuck in one position and his/her knowledge becomes rusty, so where ever I worked I tried my level best to be sincere with my job and tried to seek knowledge and understanding from every day passed. I continue enhancement of my knowledge in the relevant field of my job and this is the guarantee to get benefit from the career. As far as getting benefit from IWTP is concerned, I am optimistic that if I could get a chance, I will assume that I achieved my goal and will absorb myself to the service, and will prove my abilities and my professional grooming will continue; and of-course I will have a very challenging career, and when I will face these challenges, I will get experience and I understand that my professional grooming and experience among jamat can be a huge benefit from my career.

Thank you very much indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

THE KNEE JOINT PAIN IN GILGIT-BALTISTAN - AN URGENT CALL TO ACTION

  THE KNEE JOINT PAIN IN GILGIT-BALTISTAN - AN URGENT CALL TO ACTION Darvesh Karim   Attending a recent social gathering in Gilgit-Bal...